The main entry points to our senior school are at 11+ (Year 7) and 13+ (Year 9), although pupils are welcome in all year groups at any point during the academic year, as we run a rolling admissions system.
Prospective senior pupils wishing to join Year 7 or Year 9 for intake the following academic year, are invited to sit our entrance assessment which is held every year in early November. However, assessments can be arranged at any point throughout the year. The entrance assessment comprises of papers in English, Mathematics, verbal and non-verbal reasoning skills. NO specific coaching is necessary for these tests.
Please Click Here to view information and some examples of the kind of questions that might be asked.
The application procedure generally works as follows:
- Please contact Louise Lloyd who will happily talk you through the process
- An appointment will be made for you to come and have a chat with our Headteacher MrsRebecca Harrison, who will also give you a tour of our school – Please allow around an hour
- Appropriate paperwork will be sent to you for completion in October prior to the entrance assessment taking place in November
- We invite potential pupils to spend the day with us in November – the entrance assessment takes place in the morning and pupils wishing to apply for scholarships are generally assessed in the afternoon; alternatively, pupils can join their current year group in the afternoon for regular timetabled lessons
- Results are gathered and evaluated and offers are made before the beginning of December.
- Dual form entry is proposed for the first year in our senior school (year 7) from September 2019.
Please Click Here for the Sports Scholarship Application Form.