The main entry points to the Senior Department are at 11+ (Year 7) and 13+ (Year 9), although pupils are welcome in all year gropus at any point during the Academic Year as we run a rolling admissions system.
Prospective Senior pupils are eligible to take the entrance examination which is held in November. However, assessments can be arranged at any point. The examination assessment comprises of papers in English and Mathematics, and reasoning skills. No specific coaching is necessary for these tests; a sample paper can be requested by contacting the school office.
The Application process is very straight forward.
2. Should you wish to apply for a place for your child then the following Application Form is to be completed and returned with a £50 non refundable fee.
3. You will be invited to come and have a chat with our Headteacher - Mrs Rebecca Harrison along with a tour of the school. This takes approximately an hour.
4. We like to encourage children to come along for a few Taster Days. We feel this is the most important part of the process as it provides the ideal opportunity for your child to be with their potential class friends and Teachers. An informal assessment will take place over the course of the 2 days.
To view our application form for the School Enterance Assesments please Click Here
5. Mrs Harrison will then meet with the teaching staff who will provide certain feedback and a decision is made in regard to offering a place. If St Dominic’s is the right choice for your family, then an offer letter will be sent out.
6. You then complete and return the Acceptance Form and a refundable deposit of £250.
7. The ideal start date is discussed and confirmed
8. We welcome your family to St Dominic’s Priory School.