The Governors of St. Dominic’s Priory School are committed to broadening access to the school by offering eligible parents/guardians means-tested financial support with the payment of the school fees. Such support is known as a Bursary and these may be awarded in the form of a discount on tuition fees payable, depending on the financial, compassionate or other pertinent circumstances of applicants.
Bursaries are not awarded in recognition of academic merit, awards of this type may be granted as scholarships. Scholarships are awarded irrespective of financial means.
Requests for financial support usually fall into two categories:
- New applicants to the school, where a place has been offered but parents/guardians are unable to fund the tuition fees.
- Existing pupils, where a change in the circumstances of parents/guardians results in difficulty in meeting tuition fees and may result in the child being withdrawn part way through a stage of education.
The following scholarships are available.
- Academic & Sports Scholarships to be awarded on the basis of performance
- Details advertised annually
- Conditions apply
- Academic, Performing Arts, Art and Music Scholarships to be awarded on the basis of performance in Entrance Assesments and auditions.
- Sport Scholarship to be awarded on the basis of performance. Applicants must excel at sport. Conditions apply.